letters from december

 -

One of my favorite things is 

imagining going to school

with younger versions of friends

who I’ve met since graduating.


-

My ideal day would be 

doing a long yoga class with mushrooms, 

walking around Fort Greene

and watching homes and lives spent in those homes 

while sipping iced latte

with lots of honey in the bottom of the glass.


-

წვიმა

ზღვა

ტირილი ღამით

ოთახში ნესტი

წყლის ჭიქა თაროსთან

ჩემი ცხოვრების სველ დღეებზე გამოიზარდნენ სოკოები.


-

ფეხაკრეფით მივადექი კენკროვან ნაპირს

და წყალი დავყნოსე. 

სუნი ჰქონდა მიურაკერებელი,

მარილიანი კლდეების და მორცხვი ბალახის. 


-

I woke up later than I thought. 

Last night was winter solstice,

The longest night of the year.

The day had eaten all my energy -

I think I talk too much every day

and the things I say are not really the things I mean.

I have changed, 

gone further and returned. 


Last night I sipped red wine -

Too watery,

not disturbing enough. 

And stayed in the dark.

Darkness made wine taste better.

Sat there naked, 

on my wooden chest, 

after replacing the smell of my sweat on my skin

with lavender soap and pine oil.

I inhabit this body like a human.

But is that really my identity?


Nights like this

I hear a faint whistle 

from the depth of my room’s sixths corner.

Bodies I’ve used up..

Stories I’ve lived..

Coming from what we now call “ancient”

And once was “present”.

We all come from somewhere

And perhaps I came from further away

then I realized.


A tavern on my block serves gin Orbium

that is essentially a magic combination of earth

and water

and air 

and metal

and light. 

Something so heavy can make one so lightheaded. 

Is this not magic then?


Now, swaying in the train

over the bridge

which takes me to my beautiful cell, 

cage of my time,

in exchange of my dreams.


I tell myself to love conscious discipline, 

playgrounds of structure and logic

but why. 


Grand street could not be further

from being grand.


I desire to be seen so much

because I don’t see myself.

how pathetic..


Dark is the night. 

Light the herd of stars.

Let me see!

LET ME SEE!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive