letters from january

 -

I’m still wearing the same jacket, 

found at home,

hanging on the rack, 

abandoned by the owner in the moments of haste 

and carelessness. 

the lingering smell of stranger’s cologne finally disappeared.

The growling underworld of the city erupts into the wilds of arctic cold.

I rush out of the subway stairs into the white streets of New York

like wooly lava out of white volcano. 

Snow fills my lungs,

hungry for the man-flesh,

devouring me from inside.


-

Tokens of our friendship

lingered on my belly,

like liquid pearls 

and feline timidity of a wild cat.


-

Should I keep breathing?

Seems like a chore

and I never liked chores

unlike Americans 

who are always running errands. 


-

I choked on my spit when you left the subway cart.

Glad you didn’t see that.

It made my dream of dying in the company of strangers alarmingly real.


-

This 30-page pocket book

holds more honesty

than all my 65,000 emails

put together. 


the one who knows of me

can take me -

said the notebook.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive