letters from june

 -

Some days I’m just jealous of those 

who can burn this world to the ground

with no consequences.


-

And while everyone else judged,

you found happiness in me.

It only took a day of warmth

and light in your eyes, 

to make mine bloom. 


-

At the end of every day

I’m a pet of my comforts - 

quiet and dark.


-

Logic terminated my dreams.

I gave them up for a career

as a service animal. 


-

We are collectors of things.

Things are collectors of their humans. 


-

My lungs are straws for humidity.

My vertebrae are pebbles. 

My ribs are wet beams

in your bedroom. 


-

Our mortality has never been clearer

then at the end of this weekend. 


-

Is this train route customizable?

I’d prefer today to be on the G

instead of the F.


-

Loneliness has been more comforting

than antibiotics so far.


-

I hoped you had coded

a love message 

into your Venmo request.


Not there. 


-

Tailored to our inebriation, 

traumas emerged with flowery pajamas. 


-

No pillow is complete without me

whispering melodies into its depth

at 3 am on Wednesday morning. 


-

We watched serious movies

and sipped dark cocktails -

pretending to be older. 


Was this the plan?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive