-

I crossed the illness, 
Called self-loathing. 
It was feverish, harsh and fiery. 
It was bloated and sluggish and toad-like. 
It was pitiless, doubtful and death-loving. 

I crossed the illness, 
Called self-respect. 
I wrote and words poured out of me 
Like venom and plea and sorrow. 
I longed for something long lost, 
something long denied to me. 

We all play someone. 
And while I mastered the role, 
I denied my self-born child the experience of life. 
For life is courage
And courage is looking
Into the eyes of him (me)
And not averting the gaze
And not admiring the sight
And not correcting the perception
Or plotting corrections. 

I crossed the illness, 
Called self. 
And the land beneath me
Is the land of wondrous world. 
And I finally see it. 
I finally drink it and taste it and smell its breathless fields of rye. 

Is this what being god feels like then?
Am I it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive