-

You didn’t mean it
When you kissed my hands.
You didn’t taste the guilt.
Did you ever know me?!

The plays that we read together,
All seem so distant,
Part of fiction
Called my "life".

I blamed you for admiring me.
I thought that was sad and pathetic,
And arrogant.
It made me feel earthly and domestic.
And I am so much more than that.

If I'm not fear,
I am regret.

The thought of leaving you thrilled me.
I knew you’d die.
And death is something.
It is sufficient.
It kills my thirst
And puts wild hunger to sleep.
It's the one who's earthly,
And domestic.
You should meet him.

I would have pitied you.
I’ve pitied people for less.
But even that seemed
Unusual.

And now when spring has winged me,
When annoying flavors of others
Have blended in my mouth,
I crave your taste, dear human.
And wild with excitement
I crawl out hunting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive